Under the direction of a Page supervisor, Library Pages are responsible for a variety of tasks within the library, including:
- Shelving and arranging of library material such as books, dvds, cds, audio-books, pictures, etc, that can weigh up to 10 lbs a piece.
- Assists in the maintenance of book stacks including: shelf reading, edging, merchandising, etc.
- Empties book-drop and takes returned items to proper place for check in.
- Clears tables, chairs, and other surfaces of library materials left by users and returns them to proper areas.
- Qualified candidate must be able to lift and or carry 1-25 lbs, and must also be able to push or pull loaded wheeled book trucks and tubs weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Occasional customer contact requiring courtesy, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Answers questions and refers patrons to appropriate staff.
- Assisting with audio/visual equipment and PC's
- Performs other related duties as needed.