Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
This position is scheduled for 14-hrs per week, to be scheduled during Bronx Library Center hours, including evenings and Saturdays.
Under the direction of a Page supervisor, Library Pages are responsible for a variety of tasks within the library, including:
- Retrieving and shelving print and non-print materials.
- Shelf reading and helping maintain the organization and general appearance of the library.
- Preparing and processing new material for circulation.
- Providing basic assistance to patrons on the use of computers and other technology or software.
- Preparing the library for opening and/or closing by performing such assignments as rearranging/ straightening chairs and tables, picking up materials for shelving, and replenishing depleted supplies. (e.g. pencils, pads, printer and photocopy paper)
- Photocopying and messenger work.
- Assisting with library programs and outreach initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Customer service experience
- Attention to detail
- Current enrollment in an approved degree program at an accredited educational institution.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail, speed and accuracy in carrying out duties.
- Ability to sort efficiently in alphabetic, numeric or alphanumeric order.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, the Internet and e-mail programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and on independent projects.
- Demonstrated flexibility and reliability.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Hourly rate- $9.15 per hour.
- This position is located in a neighborhood library.
- This position requires frequent lifting and carrying of library materials; pushing and pulling of book carts; and frequent stooping and reaching.
Union / Non Union: