Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Individual and Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Officer:
- Manages a portfolio of major gift donors which include current and prospective Library donors.
- Works in conjunction with senior development staff and volunteer leadership to identify new major gift donors.
- Strategizes with senior development staff to reach overall fundraising goals.
- Drafts briefings for senior development staff for Major Gift meetings.
- Drafts proposals for Major Gift donors.
- Helps plan and execute prospecting and cultivation events.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and strategic thinking
- Organizational skills
- Quality Management
Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Humanities or related field
Minimum of 5 years' fundraising experience - preferably in New York - and at least 3 years' experience in individual or major gifts
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Successful track record of closing major gifts from individuals
Sucessfully demonstrated computer skills; Raiser's Edge preferred
Strong knowledge of New York's financial sector preferred
- Office environment
- Off site meetings