Do you love books and love helping people? The New York Public Library has been an essential provider of free books, information, ideas and education for all New Yorkers for more that 100 years. As a Library Page at The New York Public Library you will do that and much more. A Page position is meant to give you knowledge about what it means to work within a library system. You will have access to a wealth of knowledge and experience which will allow you to decide if the library is where you want to begin your career. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate a strong work ethic, are reliable and possess excellent written and verbal communications skills. You will be expected to be an ambassador for the library, so a friendly demeanor goes a long way.
The library page position is scheduled for 18 hours per week, including evenings and Saturdays. Schedules are variable based on library needs and may be subject to change.
Under the direction of a Page supervisor, the library page will be responsible for:
• Providing customer service by assisting library users with academic and business information databases, the Internet and Word Processing programs, printing and saving materials in various formats, including USB flash drives, making computer reservations and scheduling public meeting room reservations.
• Preparing the library for opening and/or closing by performing such assignments as rearranging/ straightening chairs and tables, picking up materials for shelving, and replenishing depleted supplies.
• Projects assigned on a regular basis include assisting library instructors inclasses, photocopying and messenger work, computer troubleshooting.
• Assisting with library events and programs, and scheduling PC maintenance.
• Performing other related duties as required.
• Currently enrolled as a student in an approved degree program at an accredited educational institution
• Previous customer service experience
• Knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, Power Point
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team