NYPL Core Values
- Bachelor's degree in an art related field and relevant experience in museum or gallery work or; an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully demonstrated experience with artifact handling, exhibition installation techniques, mount making, and framing.
- Demonstrated ability to handle detailed work with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic carpentry tools and machinery and an understanding of the practices of museum exhibition construction.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions as to all aspects of exhibition installation.
- Strong organizational skills. Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Access and Sketchup.
- Ability to read and work from sketches, shop drawings and/or architectural renderings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of preservation practices.
As needed hours within the timeframe of 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M -F
Evenings and weekends as required
Schedule subject to change
11 days of work within the month of March
Union / Non Union
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed